Friday, March 15, 2013

Actor Song Joong Ki (송중기) visits UAE !

It was another ordinary day at UAEU when girls started gossiping about Arrirang club poster broadcasted all over campus 

"Have you heard the news? they will be hosting that handsome Korean actor !"

I do love Korean people but I've never been into Kpop and Kcelebrities or wtever u call them.. so I didn't knew who they were talking about. when I saw the poster I was like no way joseeeee~ they are bringing the brainy guy from running man ! 


송중기오빠가 오고있어요?!

I mean do you know how famous this guy is in Korea?! this guy is on Lotteria (I call it Korean Mcdonalds) soda cups and burger menus !!! 


Alright thats a funny description as he is now assigned the Korean Health ambassador but hell ya he is something huge in Korea!

two days ago we were saying Noooo way it must be a rumour, it must be a lie but oh no it wasn't !

I hesitated whether to go or not cuz I wouldn't wanna get in the middle of hysterically angry fans or stuffed among hundreds by the entrance ! yet there was a thing in my heart telling me to go ! I took a place in the long line with my close friend and earlier that morning she said she had a dream that we went inside and took part in the organization process .. I laughed at her n told her to shut up lol

As always fans giving the organizers a hard time and we were told to get out of the hallway and wait outside.. we were really pissed off cuz we stood in line and respected the rules and look where rules got us! My friend Cloud said lets just go home but again that feeling told me to stick around a little longer so I told her lets wait for a second chance and that when our friend from the Korean club showed up and asked us to go inside with her and be part of the organizing team !

I don't know how all this happened but I got hold of my friend's arm and we made it smoothly .. it was fate .. it was our luck !

I was like whooooh chinguya next time you should really dream about something bigger and from now on I shall respect ur dreams ! xD

Anyways we took care of the entrance to the theater and were able to distribute signed pictures and seat numbers professionally ! oh and on one corner we set up gifts for Joong Ki collection. I wanted to give him something from UAE to remember us but I thought naaaaa I guess his fans will take care of that and they indeed DID !

Gifts coming from the early batch of girls !

Anyways when all seats were taken and the hall got full it was time to start the event ! I truly appreciated the host of the event who was a korean speaking in Arabic ! Arabic is not an easy language yet she managed to read the whole script using only Arabic !

the first part of the event was for watching our oppa's new movie "Werewolf" 
I totally liked it so sweet so emotional I started crying very hard as the movie contradicted with a recent drama in my life, ommmmo it was really a good cry x)

During the movie my friend said "I wanna study movie production !!!" xD

me went like "oh ..... I wanna marry a KOREAN !" lol

Directly after the movie oppa came inside to greet us and the shock was drawn all over his face. He stated that he was expecting to see Korean fans living in UAE but turned out to be only locals! he was so humble and talked very well and as almost all Korean men he was very shy :)

Taken by my friend Nouf from the Korean club !

and funny thing is that girls were listening carefully to his words and happened to answer in Korean at some points that he asked in Korean .. oh do you speak Korean !!!!! and the whole place was like "nehhhhhh xD" !!! 

The man was literally shocked, poor korean celebrities still don't know how famous they are in Arab world lol !

and as for the crazy moments one fan girl wanted to run on stage to give him red roses and were stopped by 4 people! I couldn't help but stare with open mouth but then I felt sorry for her a bit but seriously woman ...

another girl right behind my seat had an emotional break down and started crying and laughing at the same time then making heart shape by her arms saying "saranghe oppa" hahaha

but you know I didn't mind these actions at all, in my opinion i think its pretty normal and gives the day a sense of humour! maybe cuz I've been to more crowded public concerts and gatherings and I've seen much crazier people before..

sad thing is some people didn't accept the new culture or even tried to give it a chance like supervisors and employees around who were surprised by the girls reaction that they worked as party spoilers and gave negative comments all the event long !

We are all humans; We all shall respect each other and honestly people learn to have some fun from time to time its an element to become an understanding mature person !
  
hehehe signed Photos of our handsome guy :p
Anyways I went back home feeling happy and just satisfied. We haven't had food since 12pm that day but we didn't get hungry at all ! we did something willingly and out of passion.. I caught a glimpse of my beloved home Korea :)

나는 너무 행복해요~

Thank you Arrirang Club Thank you Korean Embassy! 
Being the first to change is never easy despite the negative comments, stick to what you believe as you will be the future of development and becoming a global figure

I hope Song Joong Ki Oppa had a great time in UAE too and we wish to see this sweet guy around again :)

Peace,
Amna  

6 comments:

  1. i like this actor but didnt know his name.. i really enjoyed reading ur blog.. always feel happy to read about u .. making happy momories.. stay happy mewwwoonn..miss u alot :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww sweety I'm even more happier that you read what I'm sharing with u guys cuz I was truly happy when I experienced all of my posts and I wanted to keep a glimpse of it here :) <3

      Delete
  2. I liked how you embraced the girls actions that's so sweet of you.. I wish there was more of you Amna <3
    In our Arab society people make fun of anything you love or care about specially if they don't have any idea about the thing you are passionate about. This makes me really sad that I rarely share the things I care about with others cause they always harm my feeling by negativity and I hate it when they not only laugh about me but the things I love..... Excuse me, felt like sharing cause I found a warm heart here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. let me start by telling you how grateful I am for sharing your thoughts with me :)

      As a women who wanted change and an escape from these mentalities I faced the same problem! but then I found this: never stop loving what you love but be smart and know where to share it for this passion to grow ! you don't need negative criticism from people who barely know you or know the things you like! as an example if I love art I wouldn't show my work and interest for science people but instead look for artists and galleries just for the sake of avoiding negativity. Humans with age fear failure and rejection which is totally normal but learn to flip it to save your passion fire that will keep your engine going.

      people just don't appreciate what they don't know. Cruel but its life so be strong and fight for it you will be a change in someone's life :)

      Delete