Saturday, September 1, 2012

Make it home !


Hello all !

first thing first, this post is my flag that indicates a start of my new life in Korea and an honor to the efforts I paid so far to settle down as an exchange student 

three days ago I arrived to the Hanyang University dormitory all exhausted and had one hour to spend till my orientation 

the dorm was a bit of a shock as I was used to different environment n standards and well.. I never were a dorm student since my university is in my hometown 

and the rain was really heavy from the airport to the end of the day I felt like I wanted to take a taxi back n book a ticket back to UAE even if it meant to spend a night in the airport 

being the only Arab is this university's history made it a lot worse


 (while the korean supervisors were rlly happy to have me - how sweet - ) cuz everyone else came with a friend or a group he/she belongs to and so I couldn't left myself up

I kept praying that things would get right for me and made a huge mistake by calling my mother at that miserable state !

if there's a lesson I learned from this harsh start is to always be patient, stop crying and see where it goes !

and few more minutes is what I needed in order to meet some awesome guys from Singapore & Japan who helped me feel so much better on my first day :)

Around campus looking for dinner and translating menus in streets !


and just when I thought life can't get any better, second day I met the Pakistani society in the university !
they were so nice to cook me dinner and tell me not to worry about halal food as it is available everywhere


Pakistani dinner: Chicken curry and roti  :D


I was surrounded by good people but there was another issue, once I'm separated from them I feel lonely and sad again in my room I thought it was time that I needed but ..
 
 One of my closest people said .."Make it home!" and that's what I had to do I gave up on crying, unpacked my bag, cleaned the room and asked for internet connection, organized the books I brought along and suddenly it felt like my own private heaven = ) 

Yes my lil place feels like home now :)


so right now I'm really blessed and I keep praying and thanking allah for all the little things I never appreciated back home ..

I'm thankful to have a good health, good feet to carry me everywhere, good budget, good people, good technologies and of course good friends and family who didn't forget about me = )

its already 2am and I think I should go to sleep now, tomorrow I'm hitting ansan city market and I need my energy to walk ! ^^

Peace,
Amna



6 comments:

  1. Impressive indeed Amna, there's always a time that forces us to step up, leave our little bubble that we're so comfy in, and try hard enough, in order to make our dreams Happen ..
    Best of Luck : ) ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep the fightibg spirit AJA AJA FIGHTIN

    ReplyDelete
  3. You reminded me of myself when I was at Uni hostel, I was crying and thinking of home all the time, believe me it is a matter of time to get going with the new environment, thinking about ur main goal there will relief you and will push you for the better so always remember that Allah is with you dear

    Ur sister: huda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked how ur explaining ur experience in Korea really interesting:) oh ya its me Shadi ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it all goes better for you, you are a good person and good things will come for you.
    The sky is unlimited so pray all you can & we will also pray for you. Keep posting new things, we will always be here for you <3 !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeaaaaah!! That's the amna i know. :)

    ReplyDelete