Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Lab Fun !


"You are still in the lab !!"
"what are you doing there ?"

yes the same questions being asked each and everytime I spend a long day in the lab, I feel sorry for those who never sees the lab as any further than a studying room !

so what do I like about the lab life ?

well lets start by this, I Started going to labs in my home university and I found myself comfortable to the whole idea of gathering in one room and building up memories as well as gaining a lot of experience from others


I tried to write down why do I like being a member in a lab not to encourage workaholic-ism but to spread awareness about our need to change our minds and start collaborating in order to grow !

so I'll leave you with my list:
 
1- The encouraging all-working atmosphere
Seriously and honestly, how much can you achieve at your house lying on your bed ? probably a high new score of sleeping hours ! when you see people are devoted to their work you start acting the same !

 

2- You get to have a warm family
Spending so much time together will bond any hating people together and you will start missing those people while you're away and have the best time when your together. we simply build families, sister & brothers :)

Miss you all !

 
3- shared meals 
No more eating alone, always with those warm people around trying different food ( if you have options to go out of campus) and enjoy a nice talk and funny situations exchanging around the table !

Maybe not this fancy but from time to time :p

 
4- free time activities
YES ! one of the best parts. at your free time you can simply socialize with other lab partners, play some video games, watch movies or listen to music together ! 

Rock festival attended with the lab members yesterday :D
 
5- Cultural Experience
I found this the most interesting, understanding mentalities from different countries (if you have non local lab partners). how they act and how they talk and dress, you get to develop a better understanding being to those outsiders. hey hey locals only doesn't mean you don't get this benefit, everyone is unique and there's alot more to learn from the person next to you!

Seriously ! learn english please it would be easier for both parties ! :P


 
NOW now, I'm not done yet ! to be fair overdoing some stuff always have a bad side that we shouldn't forget to mention !


Some people spend time in the lab more than they do in their own houses which can make them socially isolated ! Also, some health issues might arise in a result of the long sits and unhealthy snacks. okay you figure out the other stuff I don't wanna ruin the mood lol 


Today in Hanyang university; I'm part of the Software Engineering lab. The first day was a bit awkward as we have people who don't share the same language ! ( korean, chinese, urdu & arabic -me-) and english is the universal & easiest language but most of us don't speak it !  so did that stop those things I love in lab life from happening ? NO we are enjoying it ! each and every min whether its an afternoon cup of coffee or funny hand signs or simple broken English questions about each others whereabouts :)

At the end of this, if you get the chance to be part of a lab just be part of it without any hesitation ! there's always a good part out of it and a huge experience you don't wanna miss.

SMILE !

Peace,
Amna


7 comments:

  1. Woooow amazing. I would love to get in a lab if it really does look like this. Thanks Amona to share those things with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shosho sometimes it is not as perfect as we imagine it to be but the key is to always smile and encourage each other to stick together :)

      I will try to do so with the labs we have when I get back inshallah :3

      thank you for passing ! xoxo

      Delete
  2. co0o0ol you are really amazing sis, the experiences you had i can't even imagine how much is it, I'm always look at you as the best *wish for you the best luck* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww no sumaya ! I'm not ! its just that I'm trying to be positive always and see the good thing about everything :)

      I'm sure you can be more amazing than me and experiences are everywhere !

      love u, take care xoxo

      Delete
    2. T______T thaX I love u more, you too take care..

      Delete
  3. You are still in the lab !!
    what are you doing there ?
    Being a software engineer if you are doing some kind of coding then life in lab is so hard...good to see you are enjoying many other things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ya it can get hard and frustrating at times too but I'm more focusing on the bright side :D

      Delete