Monday, November 26, 2012

Art Work: The Cherry Blossom


Finally I was able to collect enough inspiration to finish my piece after a long sleep

I'm so ashamed of myself for ditching art and always delaying only an hour of concentration per day

so I got myself a sketch book and here I am done with my first sketch

Nature inspires me here in Korea that I decided to try shifting my drawing subject from exhausting human portraits to Nature and Still life

I guess the trip to Seoul Museum of Art was of a help to push me forward, The museum is a small with couple of exhibition and study halls and there is no admission fee to encourage people to come and get artistically educated, love it !!

Anyways one of the permanent exhibitions was "The Spirit of Chun Kyung Ja" and below few of her inspiring paintings

Chun Kyung Ja famous Korean female artist who wondered the world for the sake of art
This lady traveled to many countries back in the 70s & 80s ( before the development of Korea), she was brave enough to go to far islands and dangerous African countries and came back with rich art collection

later in Korea she donated about 90 paintings to the Museum !

The circus: seems like a dull sketch but the sense of life is absent with a deep look at all members..

Page 22 of My Sad Legend
Back to my sketch I was wondering what to call it since it comes as a package of emotions

so lets keep it simple, allow the artists to analyze the emotions behind it and say 
"The Cherry Blossom"

25th of September remarks a very dear experience that blossomed in my heart like beautiful korean cherry blossom

It was breath taking, soft and sweet that I didn't want time to ruin it..



I'm happy with the result I want to build a collection and open my own art exhibition back in my country one day. It may be hard as I don't study art and don't practice it as a full time job but that goal is not impossible right now that I saw other artists work. The cook will need a bit more practice, patience and ambition. Lets see :)


Peace,
Amna

1 comment: