Thursday, July 4, 2013

One Graduation Speech

Graduation speech is something I dreamt of ever since i joined the university and planned for around 6 months earlier, I worked so hard on writing my last words for university sake. To sum this long journey up. I'm quite proud I made this dream a reality to be remembered, so here is my graduation speech as requested :) 



Ladies and Gentlemen,
Each year, we gather in the same time and place to celebrate the achievements of a fresh batch of graduates.
A graduation is marked as an ending step of a long educational journey
but this year I’d like to open it as a beginning of a life ahead!
Its simply a start of a new and exciting path, marked with change and transition.

First Impression
I still recall the first day I looked for the IT College.  It is almost as if  it happened yesterday.
How everything seemed so hard and complex, yet so cool. And with every hour with every step we took on the floor of CIT the picture got clearer and clearer

From taking the baby steps in programming shapes to getting involved in the latest research topics, and even competing in regional and national levels, we have come a long way.
Today we are proud, well educated graduates

Hardships
Roses never furnished the road to graduation; at least to those who seek outstanding and excellence.
When people asks me to tell them about the hardship level of studying for an IT degree
I would hesitate a lot to give an answer back and I would say it really depends on how much you wanna pay for it! You can dig deep into it or just walk on the surface just like anybody else. One can choose to be a small garden of knowledge or you can be a forest.

Yet all of those obstacles yielded the greatest lesson in life
If you dream it; you can achieve it!
We were taught to never say I can’t or I won’t but to replace it with I can and I WILL! And that you will never learn if you didn’t ask and fail once in a while


Where to go from here?
Moving on to discussing the adventurous journey that is about to begin as soon as we step out of this hall.
Where do we want to go from here?
What does the world expect from us?
I would like to quote Albert Einstein to inspire our new beginnings. He said: “try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value”.
Do not live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable.

I am happy to note that we are already on this road. It’s a happy moment when I see my colleagues drifting away in various roads of interest to match their passion
One discovered herself in graphic designing and opened a business
And another got inspired to be a dedicated teacher to raise generations
Some appreciated their blesses and decided to be a volunteer for social causes
And many much more did stuff the time doesn’t allow me to mention


My inspiration
Before I conclude my speech I would like to speak about a humble person who gave me the paddle to move forward when I thought I no longer capable of giving more..
Who stayed by my side when the storms stroked by
A woman who despite her harsh circumstances never took away even my foolish childish hopes and dreams
A woman I couldn’t pay her favors for the last 23 years even if I wanted to
Because giving in a need is precious
Because a love of a mother nurtures, heals, covers and fills with nothing asked in return.
I am Amna Al Dhaheri because of my mother, my role model, my angel and my best friend
And all of my friends here are who they are because of their respectful mothers
Please stand up and show some respect

Gratitude List
There is nothing better than appreciating the kindness of others from the past on planning the road of tomorrow.
Because the poorest man who thinks god gave him all he is now to live individually.
Gratitude is a bless..
Gratitude is a must..
I convey the deepest gratitude and give thanks to:
-To my dear professors; those who are here and those who unfortunately left us before we can thank them
-To the guidance of our administration and the supportive dean
- To our beloved UAE University for opening the doors for us to gain the highest standard education found across the country
- To our graduates who made the batch 2008 stand out and definitely would continue to shine in the coming years

Conclusion
Finally, the note I would like to conclude with is; one of the best advices I ever came across was: money comes and goes, health and strength may fail, but no one can take away your knowledge.
Class of 2013, and all those who stood behind us, I thank you for helping me believe in this and I encourage you to never stop learning.
Walk tall and dream big.
And remember that with every goodbye comes another hello.


Peace,
Amna Al Dhaheri

No comments:

Post a Comment