Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Jobs Day at a public kindergarten


I was supposed to pack my bags for 4 days in Abu Dhabi yet couple of hours earlier my mom suggested I join her and go to my little brother kindergarten as they had "Jobs Day"

This is not my first time attending my siblings schools as a guardian in place of mom; being the oldest sister I had to take responsibility in her busy days

It is different going there as a sister. you catch a glimpse of motherhood and understand how mothers society is so different than those of single people
yet some days its not as thrilling as it may seem;being a young parent will get u in really awkward position being surrounded by moms investigating looks



Anyways my brother is supposed to wear a fireman costume; a day ago my sister was sarcastically saying "why the hell did they choose a fireman for him?!" and I was like " well good thing they didn't picked him to be Bob the builder cuz he is chubby enough to be so mashallah lol"

My lil brother posing "Yeah a fireman but as cool as ice"

I got there a bit late but I was able to catch the first speaker; honestly speaking I thought the event was a bit complicated for kids at first, and I suspected that its a way for moms to feel better about the time spent by their child at school..you just wouldn't expect them to appreciate adults being dragged down from their busy life to talk about their jobs. But on the contrary; they were really bright, interactive and proved me wrong !

the kids were divided into groups based on their jobs/costumes there were policemen, doctors, engineers, firemen, cooks, soldiers and artists !

The first speaker was a pilot who was really smart with interacting with kids and he was able to own their little hearts by talking about his job as a game filled with adventures and amusing air tricks 

The policeman did a good job too and he let the children talk more about what they know on police duties
 a little girl explained a whole scenario about when she would need to call the police .. I mean that was WOW, the girl words are beyond her age and mothers were clapping enthusiastically!

Another child said "I would call a policeman if my car tire went flat!" - typical emirati boy lol he owned the audience haha

Boys and policeman having fun setting the rules

Unfortunately children didn't know the role of an engineer so he got the least attention; in the british children media for example, they had a character named Bob the Builder. Through this show children get to see how engineering and hand crafty work can solve life's problem like a fallen bridge, stuck truck or simply a broken door including the naming of the tools a builder would need !

Now that's a way to get to children and make them appreciate other professions

Engineers success to attract children finally

After that the artist came to talk and oh boy he asked a silly question to these smart kids : who is better me or a pilot ?

and BAMMM he got it right in his face and on top of their lungs "THE PILOTTTTTTT" xD !
moms were laughing and saying "you got what you deserve for comparing urself to a pilot " lol

When the talk was over we witnessed the cutest thing ever, all the girls gathering around the artist as he taught them how to draw trees ! hehe girls appreciate art more than boys apparently 
With the artist
Le chefs

making pizza, orange juice (left picture) and prepare salad (right picture) independently, cooking gets more fun when you get your child to participate in it I used to let my little brother help when he seeks my attention while cooking and he turns to be more quiet and useful around the kitchen :D


The doctors !
The most focused little professions of all, there were a bunch of dentist discussing a case another doctor injecting a little sick doll and ...
These two cracked me up, the kid is so into his job haha



My brother doesn't have the patience for painting or drawing so he finished first with a line and circle and went to show off to his teacher so she surprised him by asking the most critical question : "WHAT IS THIS?" he was like "how can I explain that to her" all over his face..



The firemen drawing their tools

It was joyful being around kids and even though when someone talks about kindergarten the image of seeing crying babies would come to our minds but children are really easy to go with when you master the art of keeping them busy and interested !

and when you participate in such events with them, the children are not the only thing to explore but the bond between mothers and their children. Women become different beings when it comes to their children.. you would see friendly mother who would like to share the experience, protective mothers where its always the other kids' fault, proud mothers who wouldn't stop talking about her child uniqueness..etc

and it made me think how would life be when you have a piece of you ~

These angels no matter how they look or act are someone else's precious..
we have to excuse parents when they act so protective and aggressive and respect their chosen strategy to raise them

I had this magical moment where I said to myself wow I would love to spend some time to explore these kids further more; wish I can get the chance to be a teacher for a day .. although I know it would be a challenge

when you try new things in life you start to respect work in any form it comes and you open to urself a whole bunch of options :)

may god bless our angels,
Amna


1 comment:

  1. WOW, your day seems very interesting! I like the fact that people got the initiative to come and talk about their jobs to little kids, and how their school actually made them dress up like workers of life!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete