Thursday, February 7, 2013

Book Review: The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene


The 48 Laws of Power 
 by Robert Greene


This is one of the smartest books I prefer to call the BLACK book of power !

While I was reading this book I felt this kind of enjoyment and motivation as if I found my guru for acquiring power! And since during university I had a chance to be exposed to the field of leadership and power it is not a foreign topic to me and I was reading each rule saying yes I did this, I've seen that and some people did that ! but this will not be less exciting to those new out there !
 
this book is not only for those who seek power but those who need answers of how things work in a world filled with power seekers or protection against power itself! It helped me deal with problems accompanying power including how to deal with those above you, jealous enemies and even yourself when it gets drifted away by the seduction of power
 
So there is an extended version of the book but I went for the concise one with around 500 pages, its international best seller by the American writer Robert Greene and shocking thing is the book was first published in 1998 !

The laws might seem really malicious and deceiving that you would doubt your ethics while reading them and question yourself whether to apply them or not at some point, However; there is a reason why you should follow it and side bar stories and quotes from famous people, kings and philiosphers from centuries ago showing the success of their tactics and methods! The stories are really pleasant and interesting !

From my opinion there's no book as straight forward as this book, it would literally drop the boom over your head and let you stand in shock saying that is actually right !

This a must have book and I would gladly refer to it for any issues in future !

peace,
Amna

No comments:

Post a Comment