Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tofu and Skin Care


Yesterday I spent couple of hours surfing the internet fulfilling my curiosity about skin care remedies 

moving from one page to another not being convinced enough to try home treatments I thought to myself who is a role model of silky fair skin? 



If you seek google help all you will get is a bunch of lost answers and others depressing and giving it back to something we don't YET have control over "Genetics" 



I'm not a beauty expert but I can tell when something is not good for the skin and so this is what I noticed :

■ The genetics of korean people plays a huge role in making their skin the way it is however, it doesn't mean they have better skin than other people either. if you don't take care about your skin you will have a bad one whether you are a Korean or not

■ Food differs a lot from what we eat here. Most of the time the skin is a mirror what you digest.
I really adore the Korean diet, sometimes without noticing you eat more than 5 different kind of vegetables in one meal! 
Not just vegetables even relying on seafood that provides the skin with fatty acids plays a big deal.

and of course you know how koreans are soooo into

■ relaxing in Jjimjilbang(찜질방) public bathrooms with multiple rooms from heated to ice cold ones all help the skin remove its toxics ! :D


 and theres also water consumption, most important tip I usually forget about :/


anyways on one meal a beauty secret was revealed from a male colleague - yup shame on me as a girl lol -

Its asia's most famous vegetarian dish

Tofu 두부!

I did know what tofu is before going to Korea but never cared enough to look for it nor try it at home
Tofu is bean curd; all natural from beans to beans
a very rich source of protein that has many health benefits including reducing ageing and giving elasticity to the skin, low calories and fats ! seems interesting huh ?

I remember going to a Korean village and watching the long process of making Tofu and participating a little which made me appreciate this food more! :D

I was determined to eat tofu again and thus I went out looking for one in my small city of Al Ain
and luckily I found three packets only in carrefour from which two were in bad storing conditions :/

hahaha ignoring the rest, here is the tofu from the imported food section !

for people used to rich spices Tofu might be weird and dull so you don't have to eat raw tofu you can simply add it to different recipes or simply season it with spices like the Koreans

so ya thats basically it for now I will be having spoons of tofu daily for a while and see how it goes :D

Have a good day !
Amna



No comments:

Post a Comment