Saturday, April 27, 2013

Yo! Sushi in Festival City Center - Dubai

A two days weekend plan out of nowhere to go to Dubai !!
would never be faced by a No despite the tough midterms coming in the way
I took my books, laptop and packed my bags and drove all the way to Dubai to get out of the sick routine and try a new thing or two

While first day went nice between shopping, indian food and italians I wanted to try something extraordinary something as unusual as the Japanese food and so I asked my little sister who's more open to new options when encouraged

"How about SUSHI ?!"

sis: "ummm I'm not sure, I like shrimp and fish but when its raw .. I'm afraid we won't like it.."

me: "ya me too I mean I tried raw fish before but hey japanese restaurants has cooked options too and I mean come on have a look at the food rail !! and ... I miss eating with chopsticks lol !"

and so we went for it.

YOOOOO SUSHI !



the atmosphere was really great I loved the purple lightings and the japanese dolls

the eating policy was as simple as pick a dish moving on the rail and based on the colour you pay the allocated price
the prices ranged from 13AED for vegetables sushi rolls to 23AED for a combination of raw fish sushi

we were like "ok so we will pick the most good looking dishes and consider the pricing !"

Making the discussion for the first try took us more time than estimated for a regular lunch and there was no much time left to catch up the movie lol !

on each table you would see the most famous spice of japan ! WASABI !
I learned how to mix the wasabi with soy sauce in small plates back in Korea so I had something to amaze my sis with ;p



if you go to yo sushi make sure you take a slow eater who enjoys each and every bite !
the plates are really small and has around 3-4 pieces filled with different flavours which I wouldn't dare to take my other sister to altho she likes Japanese culture a lot!

Crab Onigiri my fav !

and there is this thing about asian food in general; is that few bites are enough to make you as full as someone who just ate a whole chicken !
I still hasn't figures out why yet but maybe its the secret for eating less and looking slim in asia hahaha~

if you've been to any asian restaurants nearby feel free to share the experience
I look forward to go for Korean and A REAL Chinese one in Dubai next time !

Peace,
Amna 

No comments:

Post a Comment