Monday, April 15, 2013

Cooking: Smoked Salmon Creme Pasta


As a big fan of pasta I've been trying different types of pasta everywhere I go, few months back I discovered my love for smoked salmon and it was never perfect until I tried it with my favourite white sauce pasta !

Recently I've been watching an old drama (not so old from 2010 :P) with my little sister called "Pasta" I've already had a history with food cravings whenever I watch a korean drama and this one was the worst as my weakness is Pasta itself



to fulfil my craving I had it planned to have smoked salmon pasta for dinner and head to carrefour to pick up the ingredients !

so here is my simple recipe made for four servings:


Ingredients:

- 50g butter
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 230ml or 1 cup of skim milk
- 2 tablespoons of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup of mushrooms
- 150g of smoked salmon diced
- 250g Linguine 
- a pinch of Parsley
- 1/4 red or yellow bell pepper
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste  

Steps:

1- First we should cook the Linguine in a salted boiling water for 8-12mins, add one spoon of olive oil to avoid pasta sticking to itself.

2- In a skillet melt the butter then toss the onions and stir till tender

3- Add flour & garlic powder to the skillet and mix. Gradually add the milk and stir. Leave the mixture to boil then its time to add the cream cheese and mix until the sauce gets thick and smooth.

4- Now its time to add the veges ! add the peas, mushrooms, parsley & bell pepper and cook for few more minutes on a low heat. you can add salt & black pepper as much as you like here !

5- Add the smoked salmon and cook for 2mins or until the salmon turns light pink.

6- Divide your pasta in plates then serve the sauce on top and have it warm :)


*hearts hearts*

I hope you like it as much as my family did :)

peace,
Amna

2 comments:

  1. I love pasta and I've seen the drama too!
    thanks for the receipt! I'll try it out for sure!

    ReplyDelete