Friday, August 29, 2014

It's a Boy!

I spent almost a month at my mother's house afterbirth so I was away from my laptop for quite some time to update my blog not that I had lots of free time to waste on not sleeping or taking care of my baby. I grabbed a pen and a paper at my sister's desk and decided to write the old way while my cub sleeps in my arms. *pen dries up .. GREAT!*


It's a BOY !


I'm happy to announce that I was blessed with a beautiful baby boy on the morning of the 5th of Aug14. I kept my baby's gender a secret because well.. I love happy surprises and I love more listening to people's guesses. Often I got two guesses; those who saw me all dressing up with girly personality on predicted I'd have a baby girl. I had an extreme case of a woman almost swearing I'd have a girl, which makes me wonder why she been silent lately after having my boy?! haha. Others who saw how wide my hips got used old wives tales to tell its a girl although I know that my body accumulates all the stubborn fat around my hips naturally so pregnancy weight gain went there accordingly. I must say it was offensive to her the polite version of "your ass got bigger so you're having a girl" BUT nothing stopped me from ignoring them only to say "Ahhhha its not a baby girl! I WIN". lol


so YES I was carrying a boy, I've never saw myself a mother of a boy nor that I prefered boys NOR do I know how to deal with little guys but its all so right to me right now. It was surprising even though the first three months before ultrasound and all the waiting started to gave me the feeling that I'll be having a baby girl; yet my sixth sense or whatever you call it said otherwise & my guts screamed "its NOT a girl!!"Not to discriminate, both are a precious gift from above but it was a weird knowledge popped suddenly out of no where and it was so strong .. Maybe before the invention of ultrasound this how women from old ages knew what they are carrying? We women scare ourselves sometimes, I mean what do we not know?! lol

I would be untruthful if I deny that deep within I had this desire to have a baby boy first, despite my crush toward lil girls. A big brother to his lil brothers or sisters is a source of support and protection. Something I've always wished I had for myself and tried to offer being the eldest of my siblings .. Now all is left to get this is to do my best at what god gave me as a mother and devote it to raise this baby boy.




Oh! by the way we named him Mansour منصور which means victorious in Arabic


xoxo,
Amna Al Dhaheri

No comments:

Post a Comment